Tuesday, June 12, 2012

The Birthday Girl

Since our trip to Disneyland was a week before Sadie's birthday, we decided to claim it as part of her big birthday celebration.  After all, she is turning the big 8- tomorrow!!!!  We got her the complimentary birthday button when we arrived and she proudly put it on each morning before we headed over to the park.  She loved being told Happy Birthday numerous times as well as being called Princess.  It really is so hard for me to believe that we have an 8 year old in the family now.  She asked me if she could make her own birthday cake this year and I said sure. She picked out everything from the cake and frosting flavors to the sprinkles and decorations.  I will be sure to post pics of the finished product.  We are pretty much celebrating for a month straight here since she missed the June baptism date and will not be baptized until the second week of July.  I think she is quite pleased with the prolonged celebration.  Happy birthday to my first born! Now I am off to stealthily stream crepe paper and put out the tradition birthday donuts.






4 comments:

Ashley said...

Happy birthday to miss Sadie!! Can't believe she is 8! I remember holding her in the hospital the day after she was born! Good luck on the baptism next month!

Nicole said...

Happy Birthday to Sadie!

Sierra and Matt said...

Happy Birthday Sadie!! We can't believe you are 8 already. You are so grown up! We miss you and hope we can see you soon!

Deborah Thue said...

what a wonderful time of family celebration. i am so impressed how your kids all so kindly give each sibling their turn to be the "star" at Disneyland. (i know they are not perfect!)they each take turns and are happy for the birthday kid. it makes me so happy. you guys are such amazing parents. i can't believe that the teeny little bundle born on june 13, 8 years ago has grown up to be the wonderful young lady that Sadie is. I can hardly believe that I was there and now we are here. good job parents! good job Sadie! Happy Birthday! I am sooo glad that you were born!
love,
nana 2e