A month or so ago, we bought the cutest playhouse that would be a perfect fit in our backyard. I was so excited to get it home and put it together. I quickly learned that this task was not going to be quick or easy. We started out short a few pieces and had to wait a week and a half for the company to send us replacements. After that, we would do a little here and a little there but had kind of lost our steam. Finally a couple of Saturdays ago- we dug in and got the bulk of it built. Then Brad went out of town for work so the playhouse stood roofless and doorless for another couple of weeks. Then this last week on a hot hot Wednesday night, Brad and I spent a couple of hours finishing it up after the kids had gone to bed. It really is the cutest playhouse ever complete with a bay window and little side bench. I almost wish I could live in it. It was nice to have a project to work on together as a family and it definitely taught me that Brad and I should not go into the construction business anytime soon- especially if we want to stay married. And we do!
A
4 comments:
what a darling cottage! i'm with you...i want to live in it too. the kids look so excited about it. what a bunch of cuties. good for you and brad perservering and getting the job done.
love,
nana 2e
What a cute little playhouse!! We built a swing set/ slide last year and it took 12 hours to put together! Who knew that kind of stuff is soo hard to put together... But worth it in the end to see all the smiles and laughs!
haha!! "it definitely taught me that Brad and I should not go into the construction business anytime soon- especially if we want to stay married." That is hilarious! Yes we have the same motto, no husband/wife businesses here either. :)
We got a swingset/playhouse thing from my parents for Christmas that took us about a month to put together. Those things are just WAY too complicated and time consuming for busy parents.
What a cute little playhouse! Can't wait to see it in person!
Post a Comment