Monday, January 28, 2008
President Twinkley
As I recieved the news last night of President Hinckley's passing- I was saddened- but only for a moment and then the image of him getting to be with his cute wife made me remember that we are eternal families and that we were lucky to have him as long as we did and now he is lucky to be where he is. I didn't even think of telling Sadie about this- atleast not until it came up. Well it came up this morning already. We were watching the local news and they reported it and showed some footage of President Hinckley. Sadie said, "Why is President Twinkley on the tv."I said - "well last night President Hinckley went to live with Heavenly Father in heaven." Sadie says, "and Jesus too." I said "yep and Jesus too." I wasn't sure if she was undersatnding this meant that he died, so I said "kind of sad huh?" And then Sadie in her infinite wisdom says, "that is not sad- I think it would be fun to move and live with Heavenly Father and Jesus." Ain't that the truth. So in a circumstance where I thought I would be explaining something to Sadie- yet again she explains it better to me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Kids are so great! Sometimes they are so tiring and so frustrating and then they say something like that and you just know that they are really here to teach us more than we can teach them.
How sweet! Some things are said best in the words of our children, huh.
Post a Comment