Friday, January 17, 2014

Friday

I love Fridays!
The kids get a break from uniforms and get to wear jeans and a class shirt.  They love it- I love it- it's a good thing.
The house is stocked with all the food I need for the week since I did the grocery shopping on Thursday.
The house is still semi clean from when I deep cleaned on Wednesday.
Brinlee helps me make a treat right before nap time for all of us to share that night.
I usually spring for some kind of "fun lunch" for Brinlee, Cole, and I.  Today was Little Ceasers cheese pizza.
I pick up the kids from school with a reprieve from homework for that evening.
We have some kind of low maintenance meal for dinner.  Tonight will be burgers and dogs on the grill.
Bubble baths followed by the girls letting me blow out their hair.
Board games/video games until way past bedtime.(just a 1/2 hour but they sure think they are lucky)
Date night with Brad after everyone is tucked in. Tonight will be watching a few episodes from the dvd of our new fave show that I got for Christmas while lounging on our bed which is now heaven since we purchased a 3 inch memory foam mattress topper at Costco last night for our valentine's gift to each other.
Sleeping in Saturday morning til 7:00.  You don't know how long I have dreamed of sleeping in on the weekends and now it is actually happening- atleast on Saturday.
Oh Friday- you can never come fast enough!

2 comments:

Elizabeth Farnsworth said...

Fridays are my favorite too!

Deborah Thue said...

I love this post!
I remember wishing to be
able to sleep in-anytime.
I love the traditions and
routines, and great memories
you create for and with your
kidlets. It helps everybody,
you included, eh? (makes me
wish I could be a kid in
your house!)
love,
mom xox/nana 2e