The kids had a half day on Friday the 20th- so we figured we would try leaving for Utah when they got home at noon. We usually wake up super early and hit the road while it is still dark hoping the kids will sleep- but it never really works. Just for the record- this alternative plan was even worse. There was sporadic sleeping, lots of whining, a few emergency potty stops, and an eventual pull into Nana's driveway at 11:30pm. I was hoping the kids would just lay down and fall asleep as soon as we got there, but that did not happen. They had slept enough in the car that they weren't very tired even though it was 11:30. Also, my parents sold their house and were moving out in 1 week so the house was pretty bare and the kids took that to mean that they should run around like crazies in it. We finally got them to sleep around 1:00am and just as I fell into bed, I looked out the window and noticed that it was starting to snow. We haven't had a white Christmas in quite a few years! The next morning we headed over to Thanksgiving Point to see some real live reindeer. It was still snowing and quite chilly so we said hi to the reindeer and then hightailed it back to the van. We saw Frozen right after that which was very appropriate since most of us were actually frozen. Loved the movie! Brinlee loved it even more. We have bough the whole album on itunes now and I even took just the girls back to see it one more time! If you haven't seen it- you should! We had fun playing around with the posters at the movie theater as well as some cool interactive movie seats that you could test. We got everyone off to bed a little earlier that night which was good because the next morning we were headed up to Brigham City to visit Brad's family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I love Sadie's face in the Rio picture. What a sassypants, haha. It was so good to see all of you for Christmas! I am so glad you guys made the trek TWICE this year so we could see you! I love it when Beckett gets to see his cousins. Guess it's our turn to come your way, eh?
Love the pics-sooo
many happy memories from
that trip, eh?
love you all loads,
mom xo/nana 2e
Love the pics-sooo
many happy memories from
that trip, eh?
love you all loads,
mom xo/nana 2e
Post a Comment