Friday, January 24, 2014

Brothers

Cole has a nasty cold.  He is congested but his nose is a constant running faucet as well.  He is red and raw under his nose from all of the wiping.  I was up half the night with him and as a result, he is grump, I am grumpy, it is not pretty.  This morning I was rushing everyone into the car to get off to school in  between wiping Cole's nose for the thousandth time and was pretty low on patience.  As I looked over my shoulder to back out, this is what I saw.  Drew was holding Cole's hand across the isle telling him that he would be home from school soon and then they could play.  Man- I basically melted into a puddle.  Blame it on the lack of sleep, or just the sheer cuteness of those boys- but I was pretty near tears as I snapped this pic on my phone.(hence the poor quality) I have lots of mushy feel good moments where I notice the girls being cute with each other, but I am not so quick to notice the brotherly love.  Now I have proof that it is there, if I just take the time to see it.

1 comment:

Deborah Thue said...

It sure is there! I am so
glad you document this
because I think it is so
tender too! You have done
such a great job of fostering
good relationships between
each of the sibs. And that's
not always easy to do!
love you all,
mom xox/nana2e