As I was making dinner this evening, I noticed Sadie working away writing something. I assumed it was maybe some bit of homework that she some how missed on Friday. Sadie's homework packets get sent home each Friday- to be turned in the following Friday. Sadie completes the entire packet Friday before dinner. That is just who she is. Anyway, as I am bringing plates of food over to the table for dinner, she hands me this sheet of paper covered in her writing. As my hands were full, I asked her to set it on the counter and that I would look at it after dinner. I then became busied with the dinner effort, and then the bathtime effort, and then the bedtime regime- and now all is quiet so I picked up the piece of paper and read this:
The Casl(Castle) Story by Sadie Grace Phillips
Once a pon a time there was a prinses named Sade, a prince named Drew, a queen named Brinlee, a butler named Brad, and a cleaner name Claire. The butler had to give Sadie, Drew, and Brinlee what ever we wanted. The cleaner had to clean the palis. (palace) The queen sat in a chair. It was not a regular chair. The princes had a howrse and she road it. The prince did not like musik at all. He thot it was dome.(dumb) The queen and princess favret(favorite) song was party at the usa and dinamit.(dynamite) But we all liked to sleep. But not the butler and cleaner. They are awake all night. The butler reads his magsens (magazines) all night. The cleaner waches her favret tv show and went on the computer. They lived happliy ever.
The End
So, what do I think of that? The girl has a great imagination and is pretty darn good at getting a story written. Uh- the whole bit about the cleaner not getting sleep. I was hoping that was going to be because she was so busy cleaning and tending to the little prince who doesn't sleep at night instead of the business of being on the computer and watching tv shows. Anyway, it gave me a good laugh and made me happy that Sadie feels like she has a life where she lives in a castle/palace and is waited on by her butler and cleaner.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Such a creative little girl! Love it!
That is stinkin funny! I'm glad you have time to catch up on your tv shows after the royalty has gone to bed!
So very funny!! Our kids say/write the funniest things in the world. A few week ago Ethan told me that I was a little fat, which kinda took me off guard. but now I can laugh about it. I love the story it is one cute story. Can't wait for the future novels :)!!!
--Sharifa
Post a Comment