Drew is an accident prone child. And for some reason, his forehead is a magnent for most of his injuries. The other night I was tackling the night time routine by myself while Brad was away. After our scripture reading- and as long as it is past 6:00pm, the kids get a treat. I had just finished reading our scriptures and the clock sturck 6:00pm and wham. Drew took off for the kitchen for his treat and smacked right into the countertop- the corner no less. He immediately put his hand over top of where he hit and I started seeing blood coming through his fingers. I geared my not so strong stomach up for what would come next and went into mommy mode and cleaned and bandaged his now bulging forehead. He has a lovely scar and still a bit of a goose egg to show for it.
Sadie has been begging me to let her get bangs. I have said no atleast a dozen times. It is so easy to pull all of her hair back in a pony tail each morning before school and I didn't want to give up that ease in exchange for blow drying and straightening. I had plans to take her for a hair cut on Friday and mentioned it to my mom as we were chatting. My mom said, "you know I think Sadie would look really cute with bangs." I told her how Sadie had been asking and asking and how I had said no. Somehow she brought me over to the dark side(a little too much Star Wars hype around here wearing off on me) and I agreed to give it a go. I told Sadie when I picked her up from school that Nana thought she would look cute with bangs and so we would try it. She was ecstatic. We went to the salon and in explaining what we wanted to the stylist she informed me that Sadie had a very strong cowlick right smack dab in the middle of her forehead so getting bangs was going to be even more work than I had thought. I had already agreed to it though so we commenced with the cutting. I am happy to say that two days in- we are loving the bangs. It does take a little extra effort in the morning and I am hoping as we continue to train the bangs that the time this takes will decrease. She does look a little more grown up now though- and I am not sure that I am so happy about that. Brad asked if we could glue some of the hair back on as he is not so happy with Sadie looking more grown up either.
To end I will leave you with the cute forehead of a baby who slept 6 straight hours last night. That is unheard of around here. Let's hope it sticks!
3 comments:
Three of the cutest foreheads in the world! (to be fair, I am
picturing Brinlee's cute
little forehead
too, as I type this).
I must say...
I WAS RIGHT ABOUT THE BANGS!
Although I am none too happy
about how it makes her
look just a little bit
older than her cute 7 years!
You did a good job on
damage control with Drew's
forehead. Looks like you
put humpty-dumpty back
together again and he will
be none the worse for wear.
That pic of Cole is sooo
adorable! He just looks like
the perkiest little
bright bird I've ever seen!
You sure have cute kids.
(and good thing too, I'm
sure, since they probably
can cause as much mischief
as they are cute.
am I right?
love you all,
nana 2e
I think boys in general are just accident prone. Jackson is always getting into some mess ... like just this morning a wicked pinched finger and he is only 19months old boy am I in for a lot of accidents if my boys keep this up. I LOVE LOVE Sadie's cute new hair and she does look so grown up!! YAY for Cole sleeping 6 hours! I hope that he keeps it up too so you can get more sleep as well. In about 3 weeks I get to enjoy getting up again every 3 hours for the next several months. But its all worth it right to get those precious kids here!
I hope he's still sleeping a longer stretch for his sanity and good for you on the bangs! I remember when Jadelyn wanted a bob SOOO badly, I HATED cutting her long black hair but it's growing back and she did look adorable with it. They surely know what they want! Miss you all!
Post a Comment