Friday, February 3, 2012

Friday Fun







Sadie had not one, but two half days at school this week. I suggested the library yesterday to avoid the ever present "I'm bored" that I was sure to hear for the second half of the day. It was a hit with everyone- good call me. But then there was today. What could we do today that would be just as great as the library? To make matters worse- Brad needed to drive to work so we would be carless as well. And then it hit me- SuGaR CoOkIeS!!! Of course, what is more fun than baking a gazillion little heart cookies and covering them in mounds of frosting and sprinkles. So we did just that. I did have to limit the nose picking and finger licking of a certain little baker. I let them each taste test one little cookie with the promise of more this evening if they ate their dinner well. A fun Friday afternoon had by all.

1 comment:

Deborah Thue said...

You are the cutest, funnest
mommy on the block!
I know the words,
"sugar cookies" must strike
fear and dread into you heart,
what with the sleep
deprivation, etc.
But you just forge ahead
and make sure everyone is
suffuciently "holiday-ed"!
What a cute mommy.
They will not forget.
love to all,
nana 2e/mom
PS thanks for the pics and post