Last week the two younger kids and I ventured out to Target to find a birthday present for a friend of Brinlees. She had been invited to a party and she was chomping at the bit to buy a present. After much agonizing over what to buy, we finally settled on a Brave doll and Brinlee happily forked over her half of the price. We have been paying the kids allowance for some time now, and part of the deal is that the kids will pay for half of the birthday presents if they are invited to a friend's party. After spending so much time in Target, we had really worked up an appetite. Since it was lunch time, and Costco is right down the street from Target, we decided to stop in for some lunch. It was a bit of a circus juggling the food, holding Cole's hand, and maneuvering around all of our returning winter visitors- but we did it. Brinlee kept telling me thank you for shopping and lunch. Quite a few old ladies stopped to tell me what a polite child I had. Cole took his sweet time eating- he is a people watcher. I finally got him to finish up and spoon fed him some of the ice cream and then we were out the door. We made it home just in time for naps. My kind of morning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
YOU ARE SUCH A NICE MOM !!!
(much nicer than your mom
ever was ;)) What a fun
date...and once again...
I love that you actually
take pictures of these
cute, fun things.
love you all loads,
mom xox/ nana 2e
those faces...
i'm just sayin...
love,
nana
I can't believe how much Cole has changed! Our toddlers are growing up so fast. Kudos to you for making a fun day out of a quick errand; we are trying to do the same here. (Since it seems like the errands never end!) And I think it is so awesome that Brinlee 1) paid for half of her friend's gift and 2) that she recognized and thanked you for the day date. Parenting done right, if you ask me!
Post a Comment