Thursday was a busy day. Brinlee had preschool again. So after getting her off, the other three kids and I headed out to do the grocery shopping. We made it home just in time to drop off the groceries and then run back to pick up Brinlee. Sadie and Drew offered to stay home and unload the the groceries while I took Cole up the street to get Brin. I agreed with the stipulation that they leave any and all meat in its bag until I got back. As I walked back in the door with Brinlee and Cole, Sadie and Drew were hard at work and almost done with the groceries. They both told me that this had been the best part of fall break so far. Go figure? Sadie had been invited to a birthday party that afternoon, so after dropping her off, I got the other kids down for naps and what seemed like seconds later- they were getting up. Brad had some church training to go to that night. After a quick dinner with Sadie when she got back from her party, I headed out with all the kids to the dollar theater to see Smurfs 2. We were all wearing blue to match the movie and I even splurged for blue icees at the theater. Everyone was very well behaved minus Cole's occasional loud outburst when something funny would happen. They were pumping the a/c though and everyone got a little cold while drinking their icees. I ended up taking off the jacket I had on and rotating it through each kid to warm them up. Funny what desert living will do to you. After the movie ended, it was home for baths and bedtime. Another exhausting and fun filled day of fall break.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
such fun! you are such a cute
mom! (and brave too-the movies
all alone with 4 kiddos!)
I love the middle pic with
Cole-he has such a worried
look on his face!
what a fun fall break (more
fun that yours were, I'm sure!)
love,
mom xo/nana 2e
ps how funny about the
groceries being the "best
part of fall break
Post a Comment