Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Sadie's Field Trip

I mentioned in a previous post that Sadie was getting ready for an overnight field trip with the 4th grade.  Well, last Thursday was the big day.  We packed up all her gear and I dropped her off as usual on Thursday morning.  She wasn't a bit nervous, unlike me.  Brad was out of town all week for work, so I didn't even have him to talk me down from my irrational thoughts.  It was really weird not having her home after school and for dinner and bedtime.  I didn't sleep very well that night.  I kept waking up wondering if she was okay, or thinking up scenarios wherein she slept walked out of the cabin, or was possibly throwing up.  After picking Brad up from the airport Friday afternoon, we were finally off to the school to pick Sadie and Drew up.  She had a great time!  Not one bit of home sicknesses to speak of- and no throwing up or sleep walking either.  I am so proud of her for trying something new.  They had all kind of fun classes and yummy food.  She is still thinking of things to tell me that they did- and it has almost been a week since she was there.  Hooray for another first under our belt!

1 comment:

Deborah Thue said...

You and Sadie are such a
great team to tackle all
those "firsts". I am so
proud of both of you. Thanks
for documenting everything
so well.
love you guys,
mom xo/ nana2e