Wednesday, October 23, 2013
Day 2- Bracelets and Pumpkins!
For some reason, Sadie and Drew's fall break was a week after all of the other schools here in AZ. So that meant Brinlee had been off of preschool the week before and now had school during fall break. We dropped Brinlee of to school and then headed out to some craft stores. Have you heard of rainbow looms? They are little rubber bands that can be woven into bracelets. Sadie had some friends at school who were making them and wanted to try her hand at it. We ultimately found theses babies at Michael's and bought two packs of 6oo bands each. Drew was intrigued and got right in to the bracelet making as well. I bought a little bead container for them to sort the different colors in to and it was a hit. This little activity kept Drew and Sadie busy for hours. Later that night we tried our hand at some pumpkin carving. I am usually more of a decorate the outside of the pumpkin kind of girl, but we decided to go for it this year. The kids were not crazy about scraping pumpkin guts which meant that Brad and I did the majority of the work there. I had to keep a close eye on Cole. I kept thinking I had all the sharp utensils in my possession, and then all of the sudden he would end up with one in his hand. The finished products were so spooky once we lit them up with our battery powered tea lights(I have an unhealthy fear of fire). Unfortunately, our hot weather here melted our poor pumpkins in less than a week! What a bummer! We made some great memories though so it was well worth it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love the look on Sadie's face
in the 3rd pic and on Drew's
face in the 4th! I can't believe
they actually touched pumpkin
guts! I think it is so cute that
sorting the rubber bands kept
them busy and happy for so long!
What fun fall break memories
you helped them to create!
love you all loads,
mom xo/ nana 2e
Post a Comment