Today is Veteran's Day. Today we remember and honor those who have fought and continue to fight for our country and the freedoms we enjoy. Today I am thankful for my brother-in-law Matt who served in the Marines and was deployed twice. I am grateful for his example of service to our country. We have a tradition each year of participating in the Toys for Tots program. This program is also sponsored by the Marines. We let each of our kids pick out a new toy at the store for someone similar in age and then we take it to a drop off sight for the Toys for Tots program. This year we asked the kids if they would be willing to contribute some of their allowance towards the toys we were purchasing. After having a little lesson on everything that we have been blessed with and learning that some children are less fortunate, everyone got on board and we were able to pick out some pretty great gifts that were purchased with some of the kid's own money. I am thankful for the Marines and the Toys for Tots program.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I just love how you guys
have had the family
tradition of participating
in the toys for tots
program every Christmas.
You are really teaching
your children good,
unselfish values. I also
am thankful for the
military men and wome, and
their families, who
sacrifice so much of their
lives to protect our
country and our freedoms.
I love that you are such
a patriot!
love,
mom/nana 2e
Post a Comment