Sunday, November 4, 2012

30 Days of Thankful- #4- Sunday Night Walks


We are finally getting to the good time of year here in Arizona.  The time where we all say, "Oh yeah, this is why we live here."  Due to our church schedule falling right during nap time, Sundays can sometimes be hard days.  We always go for an after dinner/bath stroll to try to get some of the energy out.  On this particular Sunday walk, Brinlee had been bribed to eat her dinner with the promise of bringing her doll on the walk and pushing her in the umbrella stroller.  It worked like a charm to get her to finish her dinner, but resulted in our walk being twice as long.  That girl could not keep the stroller on the sidewalk if her life depended on it.  I am thankful for family walks in the cool(not freezing cold) November Arizona evening.





.

5 comments:

AZ Larsens said...

Hey Claire - What I have around my tree is this: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Summer-Infant-Secure-Surround-Playard/10928613

Our tree is in the corner, the gate doesn't fit all the way around it but enough so the kids don't bother it. I still use it even though they can technically climb over it. It's more the idea of the barrier. haha!

:) I found it on CL for $30 but in my mind, it would be worth it new too. Plus you could sell it on CL later and get some of your $$ back.

Anyway, feel free to delete my post now since it has nothing to do with your lovely Sunday night walks!

Elizabeth Farnsworth said...

What!! You got a new stroller. Your husband must work at Boeing!

Claire said...

Ha Ha, the joke is on you Liz. I have had that stroller for atleast 2 years now. And I bought it at a consignment store. But yes, my husband does work at Boeing.

Elizabeth Farnsworth said...

LOL! SOofunny! I guess I need to come visit so i'm not left out on such important purchases. haha

Deborah Thue said...

i really like this tradition
of yours. i know the kids
really look forward to it.
i think it is sooo funny
about how Brin cannot keep
her stroller on the sidewalk-
it reminds me of you when you
first learned to ride your
bike! aaaahhh!
thanks again for the pics.
everyday, i can't wait to see
what your next 'thankful'
will be.
love you,
mom/nana 2e