Thursday, November 29, 2012

30 Days of Thankful- #29- The Recliner

I got this recliner for Brad five years ago for Father's Day.  It has held up pretty well considering the abuse my children put it through.  It is not my favorite place to sit, and I don't necessarily love the way it looks, but Brad likes it a lot and that makes me happy.  Over the past week, this chair has been my saving grace.  Poor Cole is cutting teeth something fierce and wakes multiple times in the night with a painful shriek.  I have tried holding him and bouncing him to console and calm him, but nothing works.  Finally a few nights back I decided to take him downstairs to the recliner.  I popped out the foot rest, reclined the chair, and threw that blanket over both of us- and he stopped crying.  He cuddles right in to my chest and after about 30 minutes or so, I can hear his breathing change and know that he has gone back to sleep.  I then can creep back upstairs and put him back in his crib hopefully for the rest of the night.  I am thankful for a comfy chair that has magical calming powers.




2 comments:

Deborah Thue said...

i agree. it is magical!
(dad likes it too. he
believes that every time
he sits in it, at least 2
grand kidlets come and sit
in his lap!) so sorry to hear
about poor Cole.(and you
losing so much sleep!)
love,
mom/nana 2e

Ashley said...

Poor kiddo! Hope he gets those teeth soon! Recliners have been life savers with sick kids, grumpy kids ...babies that won't sleep. Hopefully it gets better soon!