Saturday, November 17, 2012

30 Days of Thankful- #17- Friday Night Dates

I am really terrible at getting babysitters.  I have always kind of avoided it for one reason or another.  And since we don't live near family, date nights outside of our home are few and far between.  The good news, we have gotten really good at having consistent date nights at home.  Brad and I trade off planning what we are going to do.  Last night it was Brad's turn.  I came downstairs after getting the kids all tucked in to bed and found this.  The new Spiderman movie from redbox, a plate of freshly baked cookies(they were the pre-made bake and serve nestle toll house kind but they were warm and gooey so I am not complaining) and a cup of hot chocolate.  We snuggled up on the couch and enjoyed our date night.  I am thankful for Friday night stay-at-home dates with my honey.


2 comments:

AZ Larsens said...

We love at-home date nights! And the best part, they're cheap. :)

Deborah Thue said...

good job Bradley!
i am impressed that
you guys find ways to
make date night work,
even though you have
4 little reasons that
could make it a little
tricky sometimes.
love,
mom/nana 2e
P.S. if only i lived
in jonas's house ;)