Thursday, November 22, 2012

30 Days of Thankful- #21- My #3 Turns 4

I can remember being in the hospital in labor with Brinlee.   I had the craziest nurse ever.  It happened to be the night that the first Twilight movie was coming out.  The nurse had a really hard time starting my iv- what's new?  As she continually stabbed me trying to find a vein, I didn't bleed.  She gasped and said, "are you a vampire?"  She then went on to suggest that maybe I should name the baby Bella.  Boy am I glad I didn't go with her suggestion on that one.  Brinlee is a mini me.  From the way I looked as a four year old, right down to her uncanny ability to run into walls.  Most days it is very enjoyable to have my twin as my child.  Other days, I want to "sell her to the gypsies" as my parents would say.  One time I told her that I was going to do just that and she retorted, "they won't be able to buy me, I cost too much."  How's that for self esteem.  I am thankful for the spunky, strong willed, and persistent Brinlee Jean Phillips.




1 comment:

Deborah Thue said...

what a darling picture!
i am thankful that you
had a little twin of
you too! what a fun little
pixie she is.
love,
mom/nana 2e