Thursday, November 1, 2012

Hotter Than Hades Halloween

Well all of our prep for Halloween paid off.  We had a great time!  Cole,Brinlee, and I spent the day prepping for our dinner party.  Sadie and Drew had a good day at school and came home with a bag of candy each to start off the festivities.  We had a fun and yummy dinner with our friends and even managed to squeeze all the kids in a picture before we took off for trick or treating.  We trick or treated for about an hour and by that time Brinlee was complaining that her candy bucket was getting too heavy so we called it quits.  When will I learn that Arizona Halloween is so much warmer than anywhere else?  The kids wanted to put their costumes on right after school.  This meant 2+ hours of wearing said costumes before we even ate dinner. With the exception of Sadie, all the costumes were made of fleece and insulated quite well.  Great if you live in, oh anywhere other than here, but for us it means some sweaty little bodies.  The kids didn't seem to mind so I guess all is well.  I have spent all morning taking down Halloween and putting up Thanksgiving- yay!!!!  I am going to try to do a grateful post a day for the month of Nov. and hopefully gets some pics of my decor up as well.  For now, farewell Halloween, and may the four huge bags of candy sitting on my counter disappear quickly!
















1 comment:

Deborah Thue said...

You are the bestest
holiday mom ever!
I mean it. And you always
take down your decor
in a timely fashion...
you certainly did not
learn that from your mom!
The pics of the kids are
darling...except Sadie
looks a little too grown
up for me.
Good Job on Halloween!
love,
nana/mom