Wednesday, November 14, 2012

30 Days of Thankful- #14- Abelskievers

We have breakfast for dinner at least one night a week.  It is an easy go to meal that I know everyone will eat without complaining.  Sometimes when I am feeling really fancy on breakfast night- I make abelskievers.  They are round pancake type things that you cook in a special cast iron pan with little wells in it.  We had them when I was growing up for special occasions since they are kind of time consuming to make.  My kids love them and eat about 10 a piece.  I make an extra large batch so there are plenty of leftovers for breakfast the next morning.  I am thankful for breakfast for dinner- especially abelskievers.




1 comment:

Deborah Thue said...

you are good at
aebelskievers!
it really is smart
of you to have breakfast
for dinner once a week.
(that's one meal
down, right?)
I am happy that you
are continuing on a
family tradition.
love you loads,
mom/nana 2e